Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thoughts From My Sofa




It's been a rough few days.  I've been pretty sick since Monday.  I was sitting in class early Monday morning, and I know I must have been running a fever.  I was terribly uncomfortable the entire time.  I've been awake probably a grand total of 12 hours since I got back from class on Monday morning.  It has been rough to say the least.


I went to the doctor on Tuesday.  I waited about 45 minutes to get back there only to be told that my problem was viral and that I needed to just sleep.  I was upset that I didn't get any meds.  Since I left the doc empty handed (school excuses though), my mother and father have been on a crusade to find me any and every type of medicine they can find to help me feel better.  You've got to love parents.  I really do appreciate them doing that, but I've got to say, they've come up with some crazy stuff that, quite frankly, I think aren't worth trying.  To the left is a picture of the stuff I've been trying.  There's Tylenol Cold, Zinc Lozenges, Advil (disguised in an aleve bottle), some herbal tea, and good old fashioned whiskey.  So far, the only thing that has really worked is the whiskey mixed with honey.  However, in all fairness I just got the tea and tylenol earlier this evening.  I'll let you know how that all works out.


(Picture of my living room tree, circa 2007. It hasn't been taken down since it was put up.)

I've been noticing that a lot of people are starting to get into the Christmas spirit.  I wish I could join you. Being sick and knowing that exams and papers are around the corner, I'm having a really hard time feeling the Christmas mood.  If you've been following my blog then you know that I have been listening to a lot of Christmas music lately, but the jolly spirit of the holidays still evades me.  I think once December 15th rolls around and classes are through, then I'll be in the Christmas mood.  Please feel free to help in anyway you can think of to help reel me in.  Bring cookies, presents, or food.  Yea, that'll help. Bring food.  In the meantime, I'll continue to watch the same crappy TV shows with hopes that I'll feel better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment